Thursday 15 May 2014

vintage style decoupage dressform card with pretty butterflies

Good morning everyone.. finally a new make up for you to peruse, if you wish to do so!
I made a big whoops when I bought my copics- I didn't buy a refill at the same time for the one I was using most of! so no colouring for me until it arrives, as my E000 is certified empty :( 
therefore as I couldn't just not make anything, I have made a pretty shabby vintage style card using part of a pack of the papermania Bellisima  A4 decoupage pack and a couple of little extras from my stash that I thought really suited the image.


I started with an 8x8 card blank from annamarie designs in a lovely twinkly pearlescent card, and then trimmed a piece of the gorgeous backing paper from the decoupage pack down to give a border.... I distressed the edges and used my Tim holtz peacock feathers distress ink to add a little splash of colour on the edges. I then cut a smaller piece of the butterfly paper, and made the bottom cut at a slight angle- this also was distressed, corners furled, inked and I attached a piece of lace behind it to peek out. 
I then assembled the decoupage piece, using 3D foam pads, and inked around the edges of the base oval with peacock feathers to tie it in with the papers more, and once I had set it down I could tell there was some extra I needed to do - so I went digging through all my bits and bobs to see what would fit. I came back with docrafts sew lovely burlap pattern paper offcuts and some of the oyster blush offcuts, and one of my favourites - a cheery lynne  miniature butterfly with angel wing. i cut 6 initially but only used 5 on the card. these had a burlap base and a subtle floral upper, with a smoky pink diamante gem in the centre of each. I also cut one burlap swirl and one floral swirl to go at the edges of the decoupage oval and for the butterflies to 'fly' off.  I also used one of my spellbinders edging strips at the left side between the two paper layers , and distressed and used a rivet on the tag that came in the decoupage - finished with a little lace  and a butterfly, and highlighted the delicate flowers on the paper and image with stickles in cotton candy pink
to finish off i hand tied a lace bow and added a papermania spotty button in the centre.



6 comments:

  1. Hi hun fabulous card thanks so much for sharing with us and very good luck Judith GDT CFTH x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage look of your card. Nice work! Thank you for participating with us over at "Through the Craft Room Door", hope to see you again real soon. Melanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at ...http://rheddandrosies.blogspot.co.uk/...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly beautiful, so much work went into this! Thanks so much for playing with us at Creative Moments! Hope to see you again soon!

    --Lisa - CM DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. such an elegant card. Thanks for joining us over at JIC this week, hope you can join us next week. Sian (DT Co-Owner)

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...