Friday 7 March 2014

Challenge #26 at the LOC blog Ike Art and The Stamping Chef Midway Post

This challenge I made two pieces... 
so , there was one from The stamping chef you will already have seen LAST week, and one I have done from Ike's art THIS week...aren't you incredibly unfortunate? LOL!


This piece is made using Ike's Finch on Pine
and I made a flip card using my Scan n cut !

The Finch was coloured using my promarkers, the papers are from the papermania chronology pack (I think!) TH and Spellbinders cogs and image background are made from kraft card. 
also used are my PSX large background stamp (now retired but I'm ok, I have two just in case LOL)
a white gel pen and some TH vintage photo ink

The sentiment on the flip of the card is from Birds Cards free sentiments 


 I think this card is pretty self explanatory, so I won't bore you with my process! the only thing I will explain is how I did the cogs- I used my Big shot to cut them from Kraft card, and laid them on some waste paper, some facing upwards, some on the reverse as they were different shades. I inked my stamp up using my only distress ink dabber, and made sure I put quite a bit on so it went drippy - the stamp itself can be a bit mushy (extolling all the things you love about a friend) so I didn't want it 'readable' I then stamped using random parts of the stamp and left to dry :)
bottom and middle cog die cuts are TH and the others are spellbinders.





Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulously clever - this is a gorgeous creation. :-) Thank you for using one of my images. :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. mega thanks Ike :D I just love the image.. I made sure i did one from both you and the Stamping chef this fortnight, I couldn't and wouldn't choose ;)

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

mailing stickers!

A quick, easy project, to funk up your mailers! if you've been following this blog, you will have seen me using the Chunky Monkey C...